RESPONSIVE EXPERIENCED INNOVATIVE INSIGHTFUL
To become and remain tax-exempt organizations, an entity must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt (religious, charitable, scientific, or educational purposes). Antheil Maslow & MacMinn attorneys assist with the formation, registration and administration of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations. This includes filing for tax-exempt status with the IRS, individual state filings, ongoing compliance, joint ventures, distribution and termination issues.
Our Nonprofit Practice Group will identify the best structure for the proposed nonprofit, guide through the steps required to qualify for tax-exempt status, and implement the processes that will secure the continued enjoyment of that status. Federal and StateTax Exempt Status counsel may include:
- Advocacy, lobbying and political activities
- Formation and incorporation
- Obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status
- IRS applications/determination of tax-exempt status
- Executive compensation
- Public charity support tests and qualification
- Operating foundation and supporting organization qualification and operating standards
- Disqualified person and self-dealing rules
- Unrelated business income
- Form 990/990ez annual reporting
- Multi-State Charitable Solicitation Registrations, initial and renewals, offered at a flat rate fee of $150 for each state registration.