Denise M. Bowman is a partner in the firm’s Business & Commercial Litigation practice groups. A highly experienced and effective negotiator and litigator, Denise brings substantive knowledge across multiple industry sectors and a strong advocacy skill set to every client engagement. Denise identifies her client’s objectives at the outset so that she can provide responsive, practical, and cost-efficient representation.
Ms. Bowman concentrates her practice in the area of commercial litigation, including “business divorces,” shareholder disputes, business torts, real property disputes, fraudulent transfers, construction disputes, defamation, fraud and breach of contract matters. Although most of Denise’s clients are small and medium-sized businesses (often family-owned businesses), Denise also has represented national corporations and international corporations. Denise also represents many non-profits and charitable organizations located within her community of Bucks County.
In addition to commercial litigation, Denise also represents clients before the Pennsylvania Orphans’ Court in estate-related disputes. Denise’s Orphans’ Court practice focuses on litigating will and trust disputes, probate disputes, and petitions for guardianship.
Over the past 20 years, Denise has represented clients in the trial courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the appellate courts of Pennsylvania, and the Federal Courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She has also obtained many favorable outcomes for clients utilizing alternative dispute resolution tools, including arbitration and mediation.
Besides being a commercial litigator, Denise is also formally trained mediator, and an approved attorney in the Bucks County Mediation Program. Mediation is a dispute resolution tool that serves as an alternative to traditional litigation using a neutral, or a “mediator,” who serves to facilitate a resolution to the dispute. As a mediator, Denise assists individuals or businesses in conflict to formulate a mutually beneficial resolution in a private and confidential setting.
Denise is also very active in her community, having served over the years on many non-profit boards and volunteered for various charitable organizations in Bucks County. Denise is actively engaged with multiple chambers of commerce in Bucks County, and previously served as Chair of the Board of Directors of the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce as well as its pro bono Counsel.
Currently, Denise serves as a member of the Board of Directors of the United Way, Bucks County, and Chair of its Nominating Committee. She also serves on the Advisory Board of the Youth Orchestra of Bucks County, the Budget Committee of the Bucks County Bar Association, the Board of Directors of the Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, and is a member of 100 Women Who Care-Bucks County.
Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Bucks County Bar Associations, Bucks County American Inn of Courts
United Way of Bucks County - Member, Board of Directors and Chair of Nominating Committee; Bucks County Mediation Program - Approved Attorney; Legal Aid - Pro Bono PFA Counsel; 100 Women Who Care, Bucks County – Member; Youth Orchestra of Bucks County - Advisory Board; American Inn of Courts, Bucks County – Member; Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce – Member, Board of Directors and Pro Bono Counsel, Board Chair (2014-2015), Bylaws Chair (2015-2016), Counsel (July 2012-June 2013; July 2016-June 2017); Bucks County Bar Association - Member, Budget Committee, Board of Directors (2015-2018); Bensalem School District Mock Trial Team – Legal Advisor (2015-2017); American Red Cross, Lower Bucks County Chapter – Former Member, Board of Directors; YWCA Bucks County - Former Member, Board of Directors; Family Services Association - Former Member, Friends of the Shelter Committee.
Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce Theodore L. Mitchell/Michael B. Connor Award (2017)
Bucks Happening Finalist (Lawyer) Honoree (2015)
YWCA Bucks County, Salute to Women Who Make a Difference Award (2014)
• Panelist, Project/Crisis/Change Management, Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Bucks County (December 2018)
• Co-Presenter, The Importance of Sexual Harassment Training in the Workplace, Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, Keynote Breakfast (October 2018)
• Panelist, Women2Women: Count Me In (Newtown Athletic Club, June 2018) (taped for HBO’s Vice News)
• Co-Presenter, Leveraging Litigation Disasters to Draft a Better Contract, Second Annual Business Law Institute, Bucks County Bar Association (June 2018)
• Presenter, Negotiating Settlements and Preparing Settlement Agreements, Bucks County Community College (2016)
• Co-Presenter, Knowledge Management and Communication in the Workplace, Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Bucks County (April 2015)
• Author, Mediation of Business Disputes: A Better Alternative to Litigation?, The Intelligencer (March 2015)
• Author, Creating Brand Ambassadors: Another Reason to Engage (or Re-Engage) Your Employees, Outlook Magazine (March 2015)
• The Importance of Thoughtful Succession Planning: Leveraging Current Talent to Secure a Bright Future, Outlook Magazine (February 2015)
• Author, The Importance of Thoughtful Succession Planning: Leveraging Current Talent to Secure a Bright Future, Outlook Magazine (February 2015)
• Author, We’ve Now Entered 2015 – So What’s (Still) Trending?, Outlook Magazine (January 2015)
• Co-Presenter, Key Custody Terms and Protection for Abuse Orders: Important Information for Navigating Tricky Domestic Relations Issues in the School Setting, Bensalem School
District (January 2015)
• Author, Social Media and the Workplace: Planning for 2015, Outlook Magazine (December 2014)
• Author, Volunteerism in the Workplace: A Win, Win for All, Outlook Magazine (November 2014) (re-printed on United Way, Bucks County website)
• Author, Thinking Like Your Customer: An Element Key to Successful Business Development, Outlook Magazine (October 2014)
• Author, Calling All Entrepreneurs, Outlook Magazine (September 2014)
• Co-Presenter, Business Ethics, Institute of Management Accountants (June 2014)
• Presenter, Hiring, Firing, and Handling Workplace Discrimination Claims - Controlling Your Message Through Good Employment Practices, Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce,
Leadership Bucks County (March 2014)
• Presenter, Legal and Equitable Real Property Claims - a 10 Day Jury Trial In Bucks County, Bucks County Bar Association (2012)
• Author, Online Sweepstakes as a Marketing Tool – Too Great a Risk?, Hill Wallack Quarterly Newsletter (date unknown)