Sue Maslow and Tim White of Antheil Maslow & MacMinn, LLP will be presenters at the National Business Institute's Seminar entitled "How to Keep Tax-Exempt Organizations in Compliance" on November 13th in Allentown, PA. This seminar offers invaluable insights into compliance with the complex rules governing tax-exempt organizations. For anyone involved in non-profit work, you should know that even inadvertently breaking the rules can jeopardize tax-exempt status. This seminar will provide the information you need to stay current on the latest regulations, study the impact of Sarbanes-Oxley on tax-exempt organizations, avoid intermediate sanctions and ensure accounting practices are up to par. The program will supply answers to questions about tax-exempt compliance and operational issues. Here are some of the topics covered:
- Gaining strategies for safeguarding directors, officers and executives from potential liability;
- Creating an environment of accountability by establishing comprehensive internal controls;
- Following annual reporting requirements and compliance with the rules governing disclosures and solicitation;
- Learning to identify what qualifies as unrelated business income - and what the exceptions are;
- Adhering to the accepted guidelines for determining appropriate executive compensation.
If you work for a tax-exempt organization, you may want to sign up for this valuable seminar. You can register by visiting www.nbi-sems.com or call 800-930-6182.