Melanie J. Wender focuses her practice on all aspects of divorce and family law in Bucks, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. She is experienced in all issues surrounding the complexities of a divorce, such as equitable distribution, custody, spousal support, child support, and settlement agreements. Ms. Wender has successfully resolved complex equitable distribution matters, such as those with marital estate which involved multiple business entities, and complex custody matters where there are severe mental health challenges. Ms. Wender also represents parents in dependency court through both court appointment and private representation and is well versed in assisting parents through this challenging process. She is also experienced in adoption issues and has assisted many clients in making this life-changing process as seamless and smooth as possible, allowing the family to focus on welcoming their new child.
She is resourceful and purpose-driven in her work and, to her client individuals and families facing the many sensitive issues that can be a part of family law, a dedicated and supportive advocate. Melanie authors for legal industry publications whenever possible and is a regular contributor to The Legal Intelligencer, the oldest daily law journal in the United States.
Outside of work, she supports a variety of nonprofit and charitable causes, such as Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, the Mazzoni Legal Center, which provides health care and legal services to members of the LGBT community, and the Montgomery Child Advocacy Program, where she has represented children who have been abused or neglected. She has also volunteered her time assisting victims in Protection from Abuse actions in Bucks County.
In her free time, she enjoys spending time with family and friends and eating her husband’s cooking.
• Bucks County Bar Association
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Bucks County Bar Association: Secretary/Executive Board member; Membership Services Committee member; Bench Bar Committee Member; Editor, “Writs” quarterly magazine
• Board member, Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania
• Member, Doylestown Young Professionals Rotary Club
• Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2018 – 2021
• Best Lawyers in America, 2020-Present
• Bucks County Bar Association President's Award, 2020
• Suburban Life Magazine “Top Attorneys,” 2017
• Joseph R. Wenk Award for making the greatest contribution to the Civil Justice Clinic at Villanova School of Law
Presentations & Articles
•“What in the Andy Cohen: Family (and Business) Law Lessons From Bravolebrities”, 2023 Family Law Supplement of The Legal Intelligencer.
•“Legal Obstacles in Adoption,” National Business Institute, November 2022
•“It's 2022 and COVID Is Still Here. What Now?” The Legal Intelligencer, February 2022
• “Graduating Law School in the Time of COVID? Be Patient and Persistent,” The Legal Intelligencer, April 2021
• “Changing Direction and Developing New Career Goals in COVID Era,” The Legal Intelligencer, February 2021
• “Embryo Disputes Becoming More Common in Family Law Practice,” The Legal Intelligencer
• “A New Approach for a New Decade: Tips to Help You Succeed,” The Legal Intelligencer, January 2020
• “Litigating Child Custody with Special Needs Children,” Bucks County Bar Association, March 2019
• “Case Law, Rules & Legislative Updates,” Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Institute, 2019
• “Goodbye Family Farms and Hello Agribusiness: The Story of How Agricultural Policy is Destroying the Family Farm and the Environment.” Villanova Environmental Law Journal, 2011